You’ll want to present information to help the judge make a decision. Typical information you’ll want to gather includes:
- Copies of communication and correspondence with your child’s other parent, such as texts and emails
- Income information, such as paystubs and tax returns
- Photos of important information or events that can help the judge make a decision and fully understand the current situation
- Log or calendar of key events, such as showing the frequency of a parent missing scheduled time with the child
- Third-party records such as medical records, school reports, and police reports (if applicable)
Every situation is different. A lawyer can help you determine what types of documentation and evidence can best assist your case.